Illinois State University’s Outstanding Service to the Student Affairs Profession Award is presented to Illinois State University graduates (bachelors, masters, or doctoral) who have been a student affairs and/or higher education professional for at least ten years and whose practices exemplify the mission of the Student Affairs profession and honor the values of the Division of Student Affairs at Illinois State University. Honorees contribute to the profession in one, if not all, of the following ways:
- Applying of knowledge, experience, and resources to create educational environments that address student needs, promote community, embrace multiculturalism, enhance student learning, or foster student development
- Mentoring students and professional colleagues
- Contributing to the student affairs profession through regional, state, and/or national involvement in professional associations
- Collaborating with colleagues to meet institutional objectives
- Demonstrating an appreciation for life-long learning and ongoing professional development
Nominations for this award are due November 1st. Recipients are honored at the Illinois State University Alumni and Friends Reception held during the NASPA Annual Conference.