Your Redbird Experience
The Redbird Life portal is where your involvement at Illinois State starts. Search organizations and their meeting times, find events, and join those organizations you're interested in. Over 400 student organizations and hundreds of campus events are waiting for you in Redbird Life.
In Redbird Life, students can:
- Find organizations that meet their interests
- Contact organizations they’re interested in
- Find campus events and news
- Register a new organization
- View and report service hours
Learn from your journey. Set your path.
The ways to get involved and connected at Illinois State University are endless. There is truly something for everyone. But how do you find what you’re looking for or figure out which opportunity to take?
Project Bird Tracks can help. It’s designed to let you search, sort, and filter experiences by what you’ll learn, time of year, hours per week, paid opportunities, and the list goes on.
- Start now by using the filter function on the resource site to see what meets your needs.
- Want some direction on where to start? Complete the Bird Tracks skillset assessment.
- Track your top skills and note areas for growth with the skill tracker.
After completing the skillset assessment, you’ll receive a personalized summary of your responses, highlighting your current skill areas and showing what you can do to grow in your skills in the following five areas.
- Relationship Building
- Professional Identity & Behavior
- Broadening of Perspective
- Problem Solving
You'll have a tangible list to pull from regarding your leadership, teamwork, communication, professionalism, adaptability, critical thinking, integrity, and more to guide your growth and engagement. We encourage you to take the Bird Tracks skillset assessment each semester, to see progress over time.
Access your Bird Tracks survey here.