Planning & Assessment
The Division of Student Affairs is committed to a division-wide approach to strategically planning for our future and in our day-to-day operations. With the support of Campus Labs, the Division has created a comprehensive, systematic, and consistent approach to strategic planning, program review, and accreditation reporting.
Assessment and Data
The core of assessment is learning. Assessment begins with understanding how people learn and ends with improving subsequent learning experiences. It is easy to lose sight of learning in this process and get caught up in creating assessment measures, getting participants to complete the assessment, or ensuring the results positively reflect the program or service. Therefore, we use the Assessment Cycle to be mindful of each step and close the loop.
What We Can do For You
Request for Services
Use the Assessment Request Form for assistance with an assessment project, including reviewing survey questions, analyzing data, training, or conducting focus groups. Use the PBI Request Form to ask for a new Power BI report/dashboard.
Professional Development & Support
Open professional development sessions are held throughout the year on various topics. Information about upcoming sessions is available online. Staff can also request specific assessment support, like coaching, audience-specific training, or the Program Planning Package.
Program Planning Package
Through a series of meetings, staff teams (entire departments or subsets) will work together to:
- Establish learning outcomes, a program plan, and the curriculum/content outline.
- Build a logic model to vet the program plan and select assessment points.
- Create assessment tools and plans to monitor program success.
Erin Thomas will lead and support the team to meet the stated objectives. The team and program sizes will determine the timeline and number of meetings. This package works for establishing new programs or initiatives and reviewing existing ones.
- Student Health Services is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. To achieve accreditation, the Student Health Services meets nationally recognized standards for outpatient health care. The certificate of Accreditation from AAAHC has become a benchmark of Quality to those in health care delivery and the public. Student Health Services completed its most recent accreditation review in 2017.
- Student Counseling Services is accredited by the International Association of Counseling Services, Inc. Accreditation by IACS indicates that Student Counseling Services meets standards that define professional quality in university and college counseling centers and public and private counseling agencies. Student Counseling Services completed its most recent accreditation review in 2011.
- In 2010 the Student Counseling Services; predoctoral internship training program received accreditation for the full 7-year cycle, the highest rating of approval bestowed by the APA. Accreditation by APA ensures that Student Counseling Services provides consistent quality and excellence in education and training in professional psychology and provides quality psychological services to students.