In conjunction with the University's Strategic Plan, Educate • Connect • Elevate: Illinois State, the Division of Student Affairs' new strategic plan provides direct support to the University's Strategic Directions through the following Pathways.
1. Embed well-being into divisional policies, departmental operations, and business practices to promote habits of well-being and improve the health of students, staff, and faculty on campus.
2. Expand opportunities for learning and professional growth inside and outside the division to develop emerging professionals and middle-level managers.
3. Examine and update existing facilities to address the needs of students and staff for accessible, flexible, and responsive spaces.
4. Build upon and grow residential and dining models to effectively meet the needs of a changing demographic.
5. Embrace information technology as a strategic asset and enhance data analytic capabilities to improve and optimize decision-making and resource allocation.
6. Identify business processes to address redundancies and inefficiencies to leverage staff time in providing more individualized support.
1. Realign rewards and recognition for students and staff to support a learning culture that generates creative thinking and encourages prototyping and risk-taking.
2. Develop strategies to create and deliver information seamlessly across multiple digital platforms and in person to brand and bridge available resources to students, staff, and faculty.
3. Augment service delivery to include portable, on-demand, customized, or self-service options where applicable and appropriate.
4. Strengthen Student Affairs staff role as educators through focused growth on learning theory, pedagogy, and assessment.
5. Foster student personal and professional development by expanding crossover learning experiences through internships, apprenticeships, employment, and leadership opportunities.
1. Foster a culturally responsive approach to providing programming and services that meet the needs of an increasingly diverse community.
2. Serve as a campus partner in the development and creation of a multicultural center that provides flexible space to connect, gather, and learn in support of co-curricular and curricular initiatives.
3. Maintain affordability for students in Student Affairs programs and services by expanding and exploring additional revenues, especially in development efforts.
4. Advance student and staff learning throughout the division by building understanding and interaction between and across identities.
5. Cultivate community-building traditions that are inclusive and increase sense of pride and belonging at Illinois State.
1. Aid life skill education and confidence in student transitions by implementing the Student Learning Outcomes framework and building intentional experiences that are designed to meet students where they are in their collegiate experience.
2. Prepare a pipeline of leaders by engaging students in learning opportunities where they gain confidence and practice as effective and ethical leaders.
3. Increase employee engagement within the division by nurturing professional purpose and connecting staff with one another.
4. Partner across the University and with the community to create adaptive solutions that are mutually beneficial.
5. Engage in external collaborations that extend and deepen a student’s involvement in and contribution to the greater Bloomington-Normal community.
6. Connect with alumni, employers, and community members to offer programs and experiences that lead students to discover their values and professional aspirations.