- According to the 2017 Student Fitness Center Satisfaction Survey, nearly 90% of ISU students reported that student team members are friendly and over 80% responded that they are approachable. Additionally, an overwhelming number responded that the facility and equipment is always clean and in good working order (93-97%).
- The Redbird Adventure Center entered the construction phase of this new Gregory Street facility, which will feature a high ropes course for team building activities and a new operations facility serving the Adventure program.
- The climbing area experienced a significant increase in climbs, with over 1500 more visits than last year, including a record 487 climbs in one week – that’s a total of four vertical miles!
- The Reggie Ride free bike rental program continues to grow significantly, with over 11,000 uses since its inception in spring 2014.
- In FY17, Intramural Sports had over 2,300 unique participants with over 12,500 total participations. Additionally, over 1,100 students participated in the Sport Club program, with 14 teams participating in their national competitions.
- Group fitness classes saw another increase for FY17, with nearly 27,000 participations recorded. Additionally, the program showed an increase of 170% for custom classes provided to campus groups.