Points of Pride
The Division of Student Affairs strives to make a difference in the lives of students and the University Community. There are many areas in which to be proud. As we move throughout the academic year and look to the future, students are the center of what we do.
- Illinois State has been named one of only 50 colleges in the nation as a Civic Learning and Democratic Engagement Leadership Institution by the National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA). This honor is a direct result of our commitment to developing partnerships with on- and off-campus constituents to influence students' ongoing commitment to civic learning and democratic engagement.
- The Division of Student Affairs is proud of its commitment to diversity with the establishment of a Diversity Council and various multicultural programs and services for students, faculty, staff, and community members. In addition, Student Affairs has provided opportunities for undergraduate students to participate regionally and nationally in the NASPA Undergraduate Fellows Program (NUFP). The program is a semi-structured mentoring program for undergraduate students wishing to explore and better understand the field of student affairs and/or higher education.
- The Division employs more than 2200 undergraduate students and 55 graduate assistants. Student employment provides an opportunity to gain a competitive advantage and leadership experience. Students work in diverse positions, many of which offer opportunities for advancement and practical experience related to their program of study. In addition, many student employees enjoy opportunities for professional development and diversity training.
- With more than 400 registered student organizations, students have many opportunities to develop leadership skills in areas of interest to them. Among other areas, students have opportunities to participate in programming related to diversity, sports clubs, Greek organizations, entertainment, and service.
- Campus Recreation
- Career Services
- Center for Civic Engagement
- Dean of Students Office
- Emergency Management
- Event Management, Dining, and Hospitality
- Student Access and Accommodation Services
- Health Promotion & Wellness
- ISU Police Department
- Student Counseling Services
- Student Health Services
- University Housing Services